Your Lower School application checklist.
We're so pleased you are interested in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade at Town! Below are the steps to apply, and our Admissions team is happy to answer questions any time!
The 2023-24 application is now available. We are also accepting applications on a rolling basis for 2022-23.Apply
2. Parent conversation.
Once you complete your initial application form, you will receive an email with instructions to schedule a parent meeting with a member of our Admissions team, at a time that is convenient for you.
3. Getting to know your child.
We look forward to getting to know your child! Your child will be seen in person and spend approximately three hours at Town. They will spend time in a classroom with their peers, as well as with Town teachers to have a conversation and engage in specific assessments such as math and reading/writing. While your child is being assessed, we will take you on a tour of our school! The Admissions Office will begin reaching out in October to schedule your appointment.
4. Teacher recommendations and school records.
We require a Teacher Recommendation Form from your child's current teacher as well as copies of your child's school reports.
- After you have submitted your application form, your admissions parent portal will provide a link to send to your child's teacher to complete and submit the required ISAAGNY recommendation form.
- We require your child's current school records (transcript and/or narrative reports). Please contact your current school and ask that they email the records to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also welcome recommendations from previous years' teachers, not least because the past two years have been unusual for many students.
5. Getting to know Town.
Throughout the Admissions season, we will offer different ways to help you "try on Town" as you consider your child's next steps as a learner and community member. We invite you to connect with our community online, and through interactive special events with parent, student, and alumni/ae ambassadors.
We anticipate offering in-person parent tours and will post details on our Calendar and Events page. Our tours will be in small groups at a variety of times to support health and safety and best serve your needs as a family.
Notification and Reply Dates
Don't hesitate to reach out any time!
Rolling Admissions for 2022-2023