The Town School offers faculty and staff competitive salaries and benefits, a collegial and supportive work environment, and significant support for professional development. We seek educators who view their work as a calling, who work hard and are dedicated to their students, and who expect to continue to grow as professionals. Our ideal staff members have a flexible, team-oriented approach and a clear understanding of how their work supports the school's mission.
Town Faculty and Staff benefits include (for full time employees)
- Medical and dental coverage for employees; partial subsidy towards family medical coverage with choice of plan
- Optional flex spending, 403b plans
- Pension plan
- TransitCheks, qualified parking, and computer loan program
- Long and short term disability and life insurance, plus the option for supplemental insurance at group rates
- Additional benefits such as discounted health club membership, discounted Verizon personal wireless service for employees, and complimentary lunch
Unless otherwise noted, applicants for all positions should send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Douglas Brophy, Head of School at email@example.com.
Resumes and inquiries are welcome at any time; our main hiring season takes place in early Spring for the following school year.
Part-Time 3rd Grade Music Teacher for 2021-22
Part-Time 3rd Grade Music Teacher for the 2021-22 school year.
The Town School seeks an experienced elementary school teacher. Town embraces high academic and ethical standards for each student, and all members of the community are guided by our school motto, “Joy with purpose.”
- Teach all music classes in 3rd Grade.
- Candidate should be comfortable teaching recorder and introducing the violin.
- Serve as musical director, collaborating with the dance teacher and grade-level homeroom teachers for the 3rd Grade play
- Direct All-School Assembly performances for 3rd Grade
- Assist with the Lower School Talent Shows, sponsoring students as needed
- Assume additional duties as needed
- Master’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in an elementary setting preferred
- Experience with Orff Schulwerk or Kodaly approaches
- Interest in continued professional development
Town aspires to be an equitable and inclusive school community and therefore strongly encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences, as well as a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Candidates will support Town’s mission and values, and show a demonstrated commitment to the aspirations in our school’s Statement on Diversity, Inclusion and Equity.
Candidates should find joy in school life and working with adults and children and possess the following characteristics: warmth, empathy, tact, discernment, superb communication and organization skills, high energy, a positive way of being, and a good sense of humor.
To apply: Send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three professional references to David Andrew Wood, Head of Lower School at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Town School is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion or religious practices, color, gender, including gender identity/expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, creed, citizenship status, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition, status as a domestic violence or stalking victim, caregiver status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable state, federal, or local laws.